Race Report: Follow Natural Fitness Women's Health 5K

Today, I'll be going over the Follow Natural Fitness Women's Health 5K, which was held at Seaside Park in Bridgeport. This race was put on by MS Running Productions in partnership with Follow Natural Fitness.


Date: August 8, 2026

Town: Bridgeport, CT, USA

Distance: 5k

Conditions: It was a bright, sunny day for the 2026 event. It was a hot and humid morning at Seaside Park, and I was surprised and horrified to learn that there were hordes of mosquitoes lurking in the grass. Luckily, there was a nice breeze along the shore itself. It was 75°F (24°C) when the race started.

Parking: Attendants directed race participants to park on the grass, which is where the mosquito population was also housed. There was plenty of parking. I hadn't been to Seaside Park in years because parking is normally $50 for non-Bridgeport residents.

Check In: Bib pickup took place at a tent right by the parking area. Pickup was quick but I noticed everyone was congregating in a small grassy area and this is where the mosquitoes were feeding. It was also difficult to hear race instructions because so many people crammed into the small parking lot and grass patch near the finish arch.

Course Description: We started almost 10 minutes late, which was very unusual for an MS Running Productions event. The race started by the main park entrance and proceeded to the left toward the famous red-and-white smokestack. Runners looped back after a turnaround and came back through the starting line, completing the first mile. 

The second mile took runners to the left of the park entrance past the bandshell and along the Long Island Sound shoreline. This was a very flat course. There was a water stop at ~1.3 miles. The turnaround offered a scenic view of an adorable lighthouse. The last mile took runners close to the check-in area under an inflatable arch.

The course was well-marked with signs, marshals, and MS Running Productions' signature arrows made out of all-purpose flour.


Course Map



Afterparty: There were breakfast sandwiches, water, and I think I saw smoothies on offer. There was excellent music played over the sound system from check-in all the way through the race. The music was mostly party dance hits, which kept spirits high.


Comments